Did you know that the 1997 film version of Lolita (with Jeremy Irons) is listed under the subject of "erotic films" in the MSU library catalog, while the 1962 version (for which Nabokov wrote the screen play) is listed under the subject of "sexual ethics drama" in the same catalog? Why the difference, I wonder?
Coincidence
-
Helena's final paper about coincidence was so interesting to read and
reminded me of oral traditions when Dr. Sexson said (I don't remember
exactly) someth...
-
How does one finish this class in a blog? This was certainly a course
unlike any other i have ever taken and will probably ever take again. When
i first le...
Closing Words
-
As always, I really enoyed Dr. Sexons class this semester. One can always
count on his class to be entertaining as well as informative. It is for
professor...
-
Thanks for the ride Vlad. The journey has just begun and I look forward to
the trip. Someday, I will reread Lolita. Maybe then I will be able to
understand...
A Summation of Class
-
Since the semester is near its end I feel as if the only thing to do is
wrap things up. As usual I am amazed at how much I get from Dr. Sexson’s
classes. L...
I'm a stay-at-home mom. From Montana, as you may have guessed. My husband and I are attempting to raise 3 responsible kids, while managing a menagerie of 2 dogs, 2 cats, a cockatiel, and a snake. Some days are better than others, but every day is a gift from God.
No comments:
Post a Comment